Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Ghazni Regional Management Office
Number of Positions:
The positions is Open-Ended
Salaries and benefits are according to internal SCA salary scale
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, trainings and capacity building
04 December, 2018
22 December, 2018
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Cashier is responsible receiving cash from bank and money dealers in his office and for duly checking and control all financial transactions of the receipts and payments in order to make sure the expenditures of the related projects are according to the budget, SCA rule & regulation and donors' and auditors' requirement. In addition, the Cashier should make sure that receipts are factual, supported by acceptable evidences and free from any misstatement.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduated from Faculty of Economy or holder of BBA (Finance & Accounting finance/banking) from any relevant institute
- At least 2 years working experience preferably with one of the Local/International NGO's or UN offices in the related field
- Should be able to work in pressurized and complex environment that is constantly and rapidly changing
- Should be patient, and having good communication and problem-solving skills
- To be good in speaking, reading and writing in English, Dari or Pashto languages
- Skilled in use of computer and various packages, preferably in Excel
- To be very good in arithmetic and calculation
- Willing to travel to projects.
- Written cheque for receiving cash from bank through admin/security staff and from money dealers if needed.
- Financial/counting control in compliance with SCA rules and regulations (Check the calculation of vouchers, chart of account codes and supportive documents) and use check list of rampant finance regulation.
- To maintain daily transactions manually (hand write) and computerized cash books.
- To prepare cashed cheques record, reconciliation monthly bank’s statement with Ghazni Regional Management Office (GMO’s cash book.
- Facilitate the concerned finance manager in preparation of monthly report on cashbook base (impress cash advance salaries tax lists).
- To be responsible for preparation payroll of all GRMO’s staff on monthly base.
- Preparation and maintenance of education data sheets of all relevant schools.
- To be responsible for data entry to excel ledger.
- Facilitate concerned the finance Manager in reconciliation of the day book journal entries with the vouchers and posting Journal entries to Ledgers.
- To be responsible that an adequate and appropriate filing system for documents of original/copies entry is properly maintained.
- Checking and updating accounting dimension codes (account codes, Cost center, donor codes, statistic codes and facilities codes) whenever it is required.
- Preparation of adjustment/correction vouchers.
- Maintaining the accounting system, copy of payrolls,
- Facilitate the concerned Senior Accountant in month end and year end account closing process.
- To prepare all required details/specifications such as tax details
- Prepare tax reconciliation statements for wages, contractor and house tax accounts, and share the reconciliation results with KMO tax senior officer and RMO finance manager for adjustments and follow up.
- To keep track of Loan, advances and Imprest holders with close cooperation of the related RMO Finance Manager/senior accountant.
- Providing all vouchers to Internal auditors when it is required and to be filed back.
- To represent Finance unit in the procurement team particularly on spot purchasing when you are requested.
- To be responsible to communicate particularly the technical issues with the concerned units RMOs and such communications to be conduct to his/her superior.
- To clear /reconcile all internal imprest cash/advance salaries (in GRMO) on monthly basis
- To take over the responsibility of finance manager and Account Assistant who are away from the offices such as annual leave (more than one week) or until the vacant position of finance manager and accountant assistant until is filled by employing of new staff
- Accompanying the concerned GRMO/Staff during field visits to respective Regional Management Office.
- Any other relevant task assigned by the line supervisor or Finance Manager
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.