Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Community Based Rehabilitation Worker (CBRW)
Ghazni Regional Management Office, (Qarabagh & Jaghori)
Number of Positions:
Two Male, One female (Jaghori)
The positions is Open-Ended
Salary and benefits are according to internal SCA Salary Scale
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
05 February, 2019
21st February, 2019
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Community Based Rehabilitation Worker (CBR-Worker) is the responsible person in terms of implementation of CBR strategy for the rehabilitation, recognition and integration of People with Disabilities within community level where awareness, training and linking People with Disabilities with external service providers are key tools.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduate from a relevant college or university preferred. Graduate from 12th grade is required
- Minimum three years’ work in a micro-finance or community development programme, preferably with work with disability or disability support organizations
- Fluency in speaking, reading, writing and understanding of Pashto and Dari and basic knowledge of English language.
- Ready to work, live and travel in difficult and remote areas
- Be an afghan national
- Supervise daily routine activities of community volunteers and family trainers
- Supervise rehabilitation process implemented by family trainers and community volunteers
- Supervision of People with Disability (PwD) placed in apprenticeship, group vocational training and loan ongoing cases
- Follow up of school integrated children to determine their needs and problems
- To collect data of Disability Program activities at district level and report to Field Supervisor on monthly basis
- House to house surveys of PwD within his/her concerned area
- Assess needs of PwD with assistance of Physiotherapy, Special Education and Employment Support sections and prepare plan for rehabilitation intervention including selection of training material
- Work as a first referral source for the implementation of CBR strategy
- Assist Disability Program trainers in establishment of CBR Committees and DPOs.
- Identify and mobilize available local resources and utilize for better implementation of CBR strategy for the rehabilitation of PwD
- To promote awareness and given advice on disability and rehabilitation issues to the community
- To promote community’s knowledge regarding disabilities and its prevention at different stage
- Facilitate school integration of children with disability after completion of preparatory education
- Assist ESO in identification of PwD for vocational group and apprenticeship
- Assist PwD in filling of revolving loan application forms and collect loan installments from loan borrowers
- Distribute publications such as village page to all villages covered by him/her, wall magazine into all schools and health centers in the concerned area
- Assist disability program information officers in writing of disability article and life stories of PwD or address them to the information staff
- Refer needy PwD to other rehabilitation resources inside and outside of disability program
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.