SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Mazar Regional Management Office (MRMO)
Number of Positions:
The position is Project Based
Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
Non-monetary Benefits for Women:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
07- February 2019
18 - February 2019
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The community mobilizers are responsible to implement the project on field level and ensure that the desired goals are achieved with good quality within its due timeframe.
Based on the regional management office Community Mobilizers must spend more than 80% of their official times in the filed while working on organization, and capacity development of the local communities, teachers training and students awareness on Menstrual Hygiene Management in close coordination with SMC and School Administration
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University degree in Social Sciences, Hygiene Education or any other relevant faculty is preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3-years’ experience in community mobilization in remote districts.
- Minimum two-year training experience-worked as trainer of the community elders, in community mobilization.
- Strong communication, coordination and liaising skills
- Fluency in Dari and Pashtu, written and spoken while English as an added value
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to operate computer soft-wares (Ms-Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Familiar with report writing
- Honest, active and well mannered
- Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment
- To be familiar with the cultural, socio-economic and political environment in the relevant districts.
- Being an Afghan citizen
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA.
- Keep updated with issues related to SCA and the environment where SCA operates
- Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality
- Develop good co-operation with SCA units, authorities, institutions and other NGOs
- Do related job as delegated by the line supervisor.
- Supervise progress of the MHM project implementation on the schools and local community levels and update the project management team accordingly.
- Explain aims of the project to students, teachers, parents and community elders and develop joint action plans for achievement of the desired goals. Mobilize CBOs (SMCs and Health Shuras) for regular participation in the meetings.
- Collect and compile baseline data on drop-out rate caused by Menstruation among the girl students.
- Conduct awareness sessions to the students, teachers, parents and community elders and ensure that the messages are well understood.
- Establish working and coordination partnership among the local authorities, school administration, parents and local elders for overcoming the challenges ahead the project.
- Enhance capacities of school teachers and local community elders in conveying the MHM messages to the girl students and women in local communities.
- Encourage SMCs and school teachers to conduct awareness campaigns on Menstrual Hygiene and the best practices for handling it.
- Mobilize local communities towards active participation and contribution in construction works of the special washroom and supply of hygiene kits to the girls/women in target areas.
- Provide professional advice to the Education Management team regarding smoother implementation of the MHM project on local level.
- Perform any other official tasks assigned by the line supervisor.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com
- Subject line must be: (Community Mobilizer, HRM / MRMO 08-19) otherwise your application may not have considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.