Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Data Entry Assistant
Taloqan Regional Management Office (TRMO)
Number of Positions:
The position is on Casual contract for six months
Salary and benefits are according to internal SCA salary policy
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
Disability programme of Swedish Committee for Afghanistan is working for full inclusion of Persons with disabilities in society through provision of services such as Physical rehabilitation, vocational trainings, access to interest free revolving loan, special preparatory education to children with disabilities for inclusion to public schools, and awareness raising of community, families, authorities on the rights of Person with disabilities,
Disability Programme is working for institutional capacity building of disabled people organization (DPOs) professional association and NGOs working in the disability sector to advocate for the rights of person with disability to government and international community.
The disability programme is managed by a programme management unit in Kabul management office (KMO) and by four regional management offices (RMOs) at Jalalabad, Mazar, Taloqan and Ghazni.
The Data assistant is responsible to collect, organize, entry and analyse the data and to generate the required statistical reports, he/she is also responsible to properly maintain disability online database for the component of physical rehabilitation and CBR.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Diploma in IT, Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business administration or economic will be preferred,
- One-year relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organisation. Data analysis and report generation experience is required.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Experience of using databases.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- To be Afghan National.
- Collect data from the relevant physical rehabilitation sections on daily basis, organize and entry to the disability online database,
- Coordinate the errors, omission, discrepancies, relevancy of the collected data to the relevant supervisors for reconciliation,
- Proper entry of the collected and screened data to the database and generate the reports on monthly, quarterly and as required by the relevant section supervisors, physical rehabilitation senior supervisor and project manager,
- Review the collected data, target indicators for the settled activities, and coordinate the under/over achievement of the indicators to the relevant supervisors,
- Keep good and constructive coordination with the registrars for clients’ registration, distribution of the clients’ satisfaction tools to clients and provide the data management and reporting officer with required feedback and clarifications for analysis,
- Translate the local language documents in to English for data entry purpose to the database, and vice versa from English to local languages as required.
- Ensure the data entry/database security and confidentiality of the information/data in a proper way,
- Attend any relevant data management or reporting trainings by SCA,
· Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
· To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line (Data Entry Assistant- HRM/TRMO 01-19 ) Otherwise your application will not be considered.
· Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
· Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
·Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.