Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Jawzjan ( Faizabad District )
Number of Positions:
One (Men / Women)
The position is Project based
Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
We are looking for individuals to assume critical roles at our national and provincial offices. The CCAP District Manager, reporting to CCAP provincial Manager, ensures smooth functioning of project and district activities, enables a conducive work environment for team members of social organizers, sees to it that activities are in sync with budget and plans, and ensures that project outcomes and outputs are achieved. S/he will also ensure that there are regular internal meetings, CCAP activities on district level are achieved as per the plan and that citizens, community representatives, elected representatives, state appointees, and other stakeholders and social actors recognize the project and participate in project activities.
CCAP district manager is expected to be able to work independently, establish strong local support networks, and develop and apply appropriate solutions for problems if and when necessary.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or higher in rural development or similar.
- at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Candidates with Higher Secondary School Completion Certificate plus trainings and certifications completed in relevant field and minimum 3 years of relevant work experience can also apply.
- We would prefer interviewing candidates who have worked in low-level management or senior technical positions in large rural development project for a minimum period of 3 years in community governance / rural development projects.
- We also encourage candidates with excellent local knowledge and who have worked in mid to senior technical positions for 2 years in large CDD/rural development projects to apply.
- Experience in the region and other requirements.
- Main Responsibilities:
- Supervisory and management tasks
- Prepare program/ project plan and ensure the implementation process is in compliance with the activities and budget plans
- Assure that projects tasks have been coordinated and communicated closely at provincial and district levels with line departments and related staff within the organization
- Manage day to day implementation of the program in close coordination with Provincial mangers
- Supervise the progress to assure that program activities run smoothly and in close co-operation among provincials and districts staff and is in accordance with the plans, procedures and CCAP manuals
- Ensure all staff are trained as per the Citizen’s Charter Operation Manual in close coordination with the Provincial Trainer
- Make sure that CDCs and Cluster CDCs are established through democratic election and that CDCs have developed their socially inclusive community development plans in light of CCAP manual
- Make sure that C/CDCs have received the training package mandated by Citizen Chartered Afghanistan Programme for women and men members
- To assure that C/CDCs have successfully implemented minimum service standard grants under Citizen Chartered Afghanistan Programme
- Involvement in problem analysis and solving at the organizational and community level
- Assisting the Provincials Managements Teams on planning and decision making
- Participate in external meetings with partners, stakeholders and government departments and represent organization in meetings at provincial and district levels
- Prepare and submit project/ program reports
- Monitor the progress of activities during program/project period
- Established linkage between CDCs and other stakeholders
- Management of project activities according to plan and budget on the district level.
- Imposing the field staff for implementation of SCA financial regulation and procedure in all CCAP project activities.
- Identify and ensure that the district team’s requirements for capacity building are met through on-the-job training, coaching, mentoring, self-directed learning and other means as appropriate.
- Keeping updates of budget based on budget follow up and control the related budget.
- Follow up of day to day target achievements and having of a proper plan for solving of technical and social problems of CDCs and Cluster CDCs.
- To give recommendation to the CCAP Provincial manager on identification of needed staff, the recruitment dismissal, disciplinary actions and promotion of CCAP district level staff.
- Any other task assigned by the line supervisor.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line must be: (District Manager, HRM / MRMO 57-18) otherwise your application may not have considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.