Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Education Field Supervisor
Number of Positions:
One ( Male / Female)
The position is Open-Ended
Salary and benefits are according to internal SCA salary policy
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
Based in hub schools, the Education Field Supervisor (EFS) is a district level staff member of education team at Regional Management Office (RMO) level. In cooperation with the team members, s/he is responsible for direct supervision and monitoring of SCA supported Educational Field Facilities including CBS, Coaching Classes and hub schools as resource centres. The EFS is responsible for capacity development of headmasters/first teachers in class observation, school supervision, monitoring, mentoring and report writing skills. EFS ensures effective teaching and learning process in all educational facilities supported by SCA education programme in his/her duty station/district. The EFS initiates fruitful communication with schools to district level educational authorities through direct contacts and participation in the relevant meetings on school’s affairs and updates GESO/Project management team on developments happening in his/her duty station from time to time. The EFS ensures that ally types of educational supplies are delivered to his/her station, recorded and distributed to the end users within set schedules and full transparency in practice.
The Education Field Supervisor spends more than 90% of his/her official times in the field while working directly with the teachers, students and members of the School Management Councils (SMCs) for improving quality of learning outcomes among the students. S/he is to assist the Education Project team and EPU in conducting Assessments, Studies, Evaluations and Reporting of SCA education projects.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in related professional field
- 3-4 years relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- Being an Afghan citizen
- Monitoring from CBE classes regularly.
- Monitoring from CBE teachers teaching process regularly.
- Cooperation with CBE teachers in making of local teaching materials, lesson plan, Students hygiene, in management of class and school and Physical environment of School.
- Checking of education materials which sent through logistic unit and giving report to related unit.
- Controlling of Attendance of Teachers and students.
- Checking of Admin books.
- Filling of Logbook of education materials, and distribution of them on students.
- Taking part in SMC meetings on monthly base.
- Encouragement of SMC members to participate in school management, security of school, cooperation in students’ attendance, and cooperating in school building and construction.
- Jointly visiting with DED members from CBE classes.
- Conducting training if needed.
- Follow up of ASAS number for newly enrolled students.
- Follow up of student result.
- Follow up of handover, integration and upgrading of CBE classes.
- Follow up of finding of Land for school construction.
- Monitoring of related Hub school and Resource centre.
- Taking part in education trainings if needed and facilitate some trainings for teachers and SMC members.
- Evaluation of quality of learning of students.
- Any other related tasks as required
- SCA actively promote and encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter in a single word/pdf document file explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line must include (Education Field Supervisor – HRM/JRMO 48-18) otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test/interview.