Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Master Trainer (English)
Kunduz Liaison Office
Number of Positions:
The position is open-ended
Salary and benefits are according to internal SCA salary policy
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
25 April 2021
09 May 2021
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Master Trainer (MT) is a member of the Education Project team at the Regional Management Offices (RMO) level. In cooperation with the team members, s/he is responsible for capacity development of CBE teachers, district and provincial education department’s staff, Teachers Elected Councils (TECs) members in line with the SCA Education Policy, Directives and work plans. S/he is responsible for assisting Education Senior Training officer (STO) in planning, budgeting, monitoring, evaluations, implementation, and reporting of SCA education project related activity.
MT supports Education Field Supervisors in Field visits, Salary distribution to the CBE teachers, Capacity development of CBE teachers through on Job Trainings, they also help STO in developing professional contents for teachers training courses, capacity building of Provincial & District level staffs of Education Departments, data collection and follow up of the trained teachers for improving quality of learning outcomes in SCA supported educational field facilities. S/he monitors the schools and training courses, compiles information, prepare reports and makes suggestions for improvement. S/he pays regular visits to the education project sites and spends at least 75% of his/her official times in the field while monitoring the capacity development interventions and following the desired changes. S/he provides training manuals and academic as well as methodical materials for deferent types of training.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduated from Education Faculty of (English literature).
- At least 2-3-year experience in Teaching, Teachers Training and academic support to the MoE institutions, preferably in NGOs.
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari, written and spoken while full command on English is necessary.
- Computer skills at operator level, especially with Ms. Word and Ms. Excel & Power point.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within KLO coverage area and adjust to SCA environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team & strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good supervisory, leadership, analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to support colleagues and provide/receive constructive feedback.
- Ready to work and ability to travel frequently to project sites within the district/province level.
- Be an Afghan national.
- Ability to work under workload and pressure.
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA.
- Actively contribute to the successful development and good reputation of the SCA.
- Strictly follow the SCA financial regulations and procedures.
- To ensure provision of high-quality training to target groups.
- Developing capacity of SCA education program stakeholders Teacher Development Centres TDCs teachers, PED/DED staff, Hub school teachers, SMC members, CBE teachers and Inclusive Education Resource Person (IERPs).
- Work closely with the EFSs to get feedbacks on CBE training need.
- Maintain regular visits to the CBSs and Nomadic Classes, conduct class observations and provide mentoring support to the teachers.
- Provision of training to the CBE teachers based on training need assessment.
- Undertake training need assessment of CBE teachers, SMS members and other stakeholders.
- Make sure Teaching Kits and other training supplementary materials are properly used in the teaching and learning process.
- Ensure appropriate use of the teaching and learning equipment and materials in the teaching and learning process.
- Design training material/manuals and conduct trainings in close coordination with Provisional Education Directorate (PED) and District Education Department (DED).
- To ensure coordination among MTs in terms of planning, materials developing, initiatives with respect to staff and Local Education Authority’s capacity development and Teachers Training.
- Design and implement training follow up mechanism and ensure need-based support and guidance to the teachers, head teachers, students, and other beneficiaries.
- To participate in workshops, seminars & conference organized by the education programme.
- Develop low/no cost teaching and learning materials by involving teachers, students, and Education Field Supervisors.
- Produce success stories/case studies and share with communication section through concerned supervisor.
- Submit monthly, weekly, and daily work plan to the concern supervisor on regular basis.
- Do any other duties assign by the line supervisor.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line (English Master Trainer- HRM/TRMO 120-21) Otherwise your application will not be considered.
Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.