Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Wardak Regional Management Office (WRMO) Maidan Wardak Province
Number of Positions:
The position is Open Ended
Salary and benefits according to internal SCA rules
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
WRMO main office building is in the one-hectare land, which is built by SCA. There is a wide yard around the building and good opportunity for growing plants, flowers, lawns and other greenery.
For the good environment inside and outside of the premises, beauty of the office need one professional gardener.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Basic Education or Training in Gardening
- Grade 12, basic English (writing and reading) is advantage..
- At least 2-3 years working experience at the relevant field as gardener.
- To be polite and co-operative with office colleagues and listen to instruction properly and carefully.
- To be able to decorate inside and outside of the office/residence buildings with nice and suitable plants.
- Must be honest, active, well-mannered and healthy
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA.
- Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong on quality
- Do related job as delegated by the admin assistant.
- To be over all responsible for the greenish and freshness of the trees, flowers of WRMO building, etc
- To provide all the needed plants, flowers seeds, fertilizers, chemicals, etc for the gardens.
- To share your experience with gardeners in regard to planting of plants and flowers according to different seasons.
- To look after the beauty and decoration of the premises with beautiful flowers and plants in vases.
- To inform the concerned person at the administration unit in regard to any gardening matters which is concerned with SCA
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line (Gardner, HRM/WRMO 17/019). Otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.