Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Taloqan Regional Management Office (Disability Project)
Number of Positions:
Two (1 Male& 1Female)
This is a three (3) months internship position
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of Work: Internship is in the Following Department:
- Practical training for three months in Taloqan Disability Project Physiotherapy section.
- To assist physiotherapists in Taloqan
- To visit from HBT cases in Taloqan
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduate from a recognized Physiotherapy institute with 3 years Diploma in PT or Nursing, No longer than 24 months but yet not found employment.
- To have had no formal work experience.
- Preference to female candidates (SCA aim that 2/3 of interns are female).
- No preference or favors are given to students who have relatives working in SCA.
- To be Afghan Local citizen.
- To be no older than 30 years.
- This is a three months on-the-job training programme only for those Afghan youth who have no experience of office management. The main purpose of this programme is to provide an opportunity and enhance the capabilities of Afghan youth particularly universities’ students and graduates to apply knowledge and skills in practical working environment and gain experience in their field of study and interest.
- In this internship programme of SCA, the trainees to a maximum extent can benefit from the experience and guidance of SCA staff as well as doing the job themselves. During the training, the trainees are getting extensive knowledge about activities of the various departments and units of SCA.
- Beside of valuable knowledge, daily transportation (pick & drop if applicable), lunch, monthly cash allowance and a training completion certificate will also be provided to the Interns.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a CV (maximum two pages) with a motivation letter of no more than 500 words in English explaining their motivation and how this internship will build on their present education and career dreams;
- Please mentioned in your application in which departments you want to work.
- To apply online please send your application / CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
- Subject Line Must be: (Internship/HRM-TRMO 26-18) otherwise your application many not considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.