Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Kunduz Liaison Office
Number of Positions:
The positions is Open-Ended
Salaries and benefits are according to internal SCA salary scale
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
29 January, 2019
12 February 2019
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
Master Trainer is academic member of the education team in Project Office level. In cooperation with the team members, s/he is responsible for conducting academic needs assessment of teachers, developing training contents and conducting training courses for academic capacity development of teachers and administrative staffs in SCA supported Educational Field Facilities, DEDs, PEDs and MoE supported Teachers Training Centers and Science Centers in the target districts and provinces in accordance to the SCA policies and education directives.
The Master Trainer advises/supports teachers in developing their professional career through conducting of teachers training courses, mentoring and on-spot support in the classroom. Master Trainer trains Education Field Supervisors and local educational authorities in class observation, school supervision, monitoring and evaluation of teachers and student’s performance in schools. Master Trainer ensures that trained teachers are applying the subject and teaching competencies they have gained during the training sessions in class and that students’ learning achievements are improving. S/he provides academic support to the provincial level Science Centers and district level Teachers Training Institutes as per guidelines of the Capacity Development Officer and regularly monitors SCA supported educational facilities for assessing teaching and learning process and provides technical advice to the Education Field Supervisors for improving students’ learning outcomes. Master Trainer spends 70% of his/her official times in the field.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduated from Education Faculty of (English literature) a recognized University in the relevant field
- At least 3-4-year experience in Teaching, Teachers Training and academic support to the MoE institutions, preferably in NGOs.
- Sufficient experience in capacity development including training, needs assessment, planning and academic follow up
- Fluency in both official languages Dari and Pashto, written and spoken while full command on English is necessary
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Developing capacity of SCA education program stakeholders, Teacher Development Centres (TDCs) teachers, PED/DED staff, SMC members, CBE teachers and Inclusive Education Resource Person (IERPs)
- Maintain regular visits to the CBSs and Nomadic Classes, conduct class observations and provide mentoring support to the teachers
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA
- Demonstrated skills in capacity development, training needs assessment & evaluation and monitoring
- Design Management training material/manuals and conduct trainings in close coordination with Provisional Education Directorate (PED) and District Education Department (DED
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support colleagues and provide/receive constructive feedback
- Be ready and ability to travel frequently to project sites within Kunduz and Baghlan provinces
- Be an Afghan national
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA.
- Actively contribute to the successful development and good reputation of the SCA.
- Strictly follow the SCA financial regulations and procedures.
- To insure provision of high-quality training to target groups.
- Developing capacity of SCA education program stakeholders Teacher Development Centres TDCs teachers, PED/DED staff, Hub school teachers, SMC members, CBE teachers and Inclusive Education Resource Person (IERPs).
- Work closely with the EFSs to get feedbacks on CBE training need.
- Maintain regular visits to the CBSs and Nomadic Classes, conduct class observations and provide mentoring support to the teachers.
- Provision of training to the CBE teachers based on training need assessment.
- Undertake training need assessment of CBE teachers, SMC members and other stakeholders.
- Make sure Teaching Kits and other training supplementary materials are properly used in the teaching and learning process.
- Ensure appropriate use of the teaching and learning equipment and materials in the teaching and learning process.
- Design training material/manuals and conduct trainings in close coordination with Provisional Education Directorate (PED) and District Education Department (DED).
- To ensure coordination among MTs in terms of planning, materials developing, initiatives with respect to staff and Local Education Authority’s capacity development and Teachers Training.
- Design and implement training follow up mechanism and ensure need based support and guidance to the teachers, head teachers, students and other beneficiaries.
- To participate in workshops, seminars & conference organised by the education programme
- Develop low/no cost teaching and learning materials by involving teachers, students and Education Field Supervisors.
- Produce success stories/case studies and share with communication section through concerned supervisor.
- Submit monthly, weekly and daily work plan to the concern supervisor on regular basis.
- Do any other duties assign by the line supervisor
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line (Master Trainer- HRM/TRMO 09-19 ) Otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in Taloqan, Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.