Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Mazar Regional Management Office
Number of Positions:
The position is Open-Ended
Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
Non-monetary Benefits for Women:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
M&E Officer will be responsible for Field visit to SCA intervention areas, providing monitoring services including making observations on interventions, data collection, management and analysis. She Supports and makes follow-up of the Programme Quality Monitoring. The officer will also support evaluations, assessments and other studies undertaken by the M&E unit
M&E Officer reports administratively and technically to MRMO M&E Senior Officer and will also receive technical support from M&E team in Kabul.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in Social Sciences or equivalent professional qualifications.
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills, team player, analytical,
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- Conducts regular Monitoring Visits of SCA programmes and compiling a monitoring visit report with action points
- Supports Program Quality Monitoring and making follow up of the findings of the Program Quality Monitoring exercise
- Provides support in the collection of baseline data in areas where cultural barriers deny access to men
- Organizing and facilitation of trainings for SCA program and project staff and partners
- Providing support in the compilation of the Ministry of Economy Reports for projects in MRMO
- Providing technical and administrative support during internal evaluations, assessments, reviews and studies
- Provides support in the activities of Coherent Record Management Project
- Provides support during data quality assessments and data verification exercises for programs in MRMO
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com
- Subject line must be: (Monitoring and Evaluation, HRM / MRMO 01-19) otherwise your application may not have considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.