Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Number of Positions:
The position is Open-Ended
Salary and benefits are according to internal SCA salary policy
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Physiotherapist is the responsible of physiotherapy service at clinics according to given guide lines. S/he will administer physiotherapy services to clients, giver referrals and is responsible for the record-keeping, follow-up and reporting on activities in the physiotherapy clinic.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 3-year Diploma in physiotherapy, bachelor or Doctor degree (DPT) in physiotherapy will be preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience as a physiotherapist with recognized institution/organization.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- To be Afghan National
- To treat those disabled and none disabled people in the area who need physiotherapy either at home or in the clinic
- To manage the Physiotherapy care of the patient, including patient assessment treatment planning and implementation for those conditions and disabilities prevalent in area
- To assess the disabled people identified by CBR-workers and community volunteers in the community who may need physiotherapy
- To express good empathy, safety and competence in the handling of disabled and none disabled physiotherapy related patient
- To follow up the disabled people who have been referred to other rehabilitation sources
- To participate in internal DP-project coordination meetings
- Local technical aids should be advised to the CBR-workers and community volunteers and Family trainers
- To write prescriptive report regarding his/her activities on regular basis and submits to the Head of Physiotherapy
- Home visit should be conducted regularly in accordance to planed time table, which should be made in consultation and coordination with CBR-workers and community volunteers
- To keep clinic and it is instrument clean and tidy and store all equipment in a safe way
- To provide necessary awareness in relation to disabilities and prevention of disability for the PwDs, their family and the community
- To share his/her knowledge and experience with relevant colleagues and train CBR-workers, community volunteers and Family Trainers in the required therapy/procedures
- Promotes gender equality, non-discrimination with regard to ethnic, political and religious background
- To participate in workshops, seminars & conference organised by the DP programme
- Promotes good coordination with other SCA projects, all RMO units
- Maintain good cooperation and coordination with Orthopaedic team (Prosthetic and orthotic technicians).
- To participate actively in ensuring broad understanding and acceptance by local communities of the Disability Programme projects and SCA in general
- To actively ensure community participation in DISABILITY PROGRAMME projects
- SCA actively promote and encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter in a single word/pdf document file explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line must include (Physiotherapist (Re-announced) – HRM/JRMO 45-18) otherwise your application may not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test/interview.