Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Procurement Senior Officer
Kabul Management Office (KMO)
Number of Positions:
The position is open ended
Salary and benefits are according to SCA salary policy
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The senior procurement officer, under the direct supervision and guidance of the procurement manager is responsible to ensure competition, transparency and value for money while in compliance with SCA policies, Manuals and regulations.
Qualification and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in related professional field (if needed you can specify the field
- 3-4 years relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- Daily coordination of SCA procurement activities between regional offices and KMO.
- Comply with all relevant SCAs policies and procedure.
- Has a full understanding of SCA procurement policies and formats.
- Has ability for budgeting and budget follow up in procurement units.
- Has ability for analysis of bulk procurement with availability in the markets.
- Train related staff on procurement manual, templates and formats at KMO and RMO levels.
- Ensure proper use and processing of procurement paperwork including purchase, request, request for quotation, tender documents, bid analysis, purchase order quality control check, goods received note, and payments expenditure sheets.
- Carry local and international purchases, obtain exception approvals where required, and process all procurement in accordance with SCA approved manuals.
- Participate in PCM is assigned by procurement manager.
- Compile all RMOs requested program PRFs and make bulk procurement.
- Prepare tender documents announcements, conduct supplier orientation meetings on tenders and ensure appropriate tender delivery and receipts.
- Communicate invitation to tender opening to the relevant units in coordination with the procurement manager.
- Coordinate field purchases with staff and other relevant units in KMO esurient timely process of the field purchases in procurement unit at KMO.
- Coordinate with the warehouse on delivery of items including completion of goods received notes, transfer of items to field sites.
- Orient all Swedish committee for Afghanistan employees on procurement procedures under the direction of the procurement manager.
- Enforce proper use of procurement ceilings and approval procedure throughout the procurement cycle.
- Coordinate with the finance department to ensure the payments to vendors are made on time without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems of SCA.
- Ensure that systematic, effective and efficient filling system is maintained-according to the scheme of delegation for procurement in SCA with support of the procurement officers and assistants.
- Monitor the performance of procurement staffs propose capacity development training where required and report any misconduct to procurement manager.
- Carry routine market search for local and international suppliers, and keep the suppliers database update at all time.
- Ensure the procurement-tracking sheet is update on daily basis and reported on timely manner when required.
- Submit monthly activity report to procurement manager and perform any other duties assigned by procurement manager
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com
- Subject Line Must be: Senior Procurement Officer, HRM/KMO 02-19, Otherwise, your application May not be Considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.