Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Kabul Management Office (KMO)
Number of Positions:
One (Only Female)
The positon is open ended
Salary and benefits are according to SCA salary policy
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
03th -Dec, 2018
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
Under direct supervision of WASH senior officer and Rural Development Program Manager, she will be responsible for daily duties and supervision of Social Mobilization Aspects of Drinking Water Supply Pipe Schemes, Hygiene Promotion and Sanitation through Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS).
Qualification and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, Public health would be preferable.
- 3 years relevant experience in WASH projects. Expertise in CLTS is a strong advantage
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office.
- Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto, for writing and speaking. (Speaking in Dari and Pashto is must)
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel widely and frequently to project sites within Afghanistan (at least 60% of duty).
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- To be an Afghan citizen
- To train, Coordinate, Manage, supervise, and follow up WASH activities with field staff on a monthly basis.
- To visit and supervise WASH projects during implementation stage and guide WASH social organizers and hygiene education promotors (at least one region once a month).
- Prepare and provide project progress/monthly and field trip report to the immediate supervisor with meaningful recommendations for introducing continuous improvement to project in a timely manner.
- Do follow up of her recommendations for improvement through follow up field trips.
- Regular supervision of project materials related to hygiene and sanitation to ensure good quality of work
- Provide technical advice, support and oversight to community projects throughout the province in close coordination with all CDCs.
- To assist Rural Development Program staff in data collection for all WASH projects
- Any other tasks assigned by line Manager.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Line Must be: Wash Officer, HRM/KMO 65-18, Otherwise, your application May not be Considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.